1.30.2012

{recipe & tutorial} Red Velvet Crackle Cookies

If there is one thing I always have in the pantry and fridge it's cake mix and cream cheese!  So, when I went to make some cookies for my husband's young men's church group I thought, what's better than the two of them together in a cookie?  These cookies are rich and chocolatey and all of the young men raved about their yumminess to my husband.
Ingredients:
1 Red Velvet Cake Mix 
1 8oz Cream Cheese, softened to room temp
1/2 Cup Butter, softened to room temp
1 Egg
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chip Morsels
Flour
Confectioner's Sugar

Directions:
First, beat together the room temperature butter and cream cheese.  Next add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated.  Now, mix in the red velvet cake mix, cover and chill in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. 
 Meanwhile, dust the chocolate chips in flour.  If you don't cover your chocolate chips in flour they sink to the bottom of the cookie while baking.  After dough has chilled add the chips to the cake mix and form into tablespoon sized balls.
 Next, roll the cake balls into a good amount of confectioner's sugar and place on a cookie sheet a couple of inches apart.  Then, take a cup and smoosh the balls down semi-flat.  If you don't flatten them a little they will remain in a ball form.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.
 These cookies are divine!  They are soft.  They are chewy.  They are so rich you won't need many to get your fix.  Enjoy!  We sure did.

2 comments:

  1. These look so yummy I'm going to have to make these soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to make these today and share them around my neighborhood here in Germany! I think it will be fun to have my boys join in on the baking and the giving!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...